Good food –
Delivering for our community
Welcome to SocialBox
SocialBox is a Not For Profit social enterprise, set up during COVID-19 to support a wide range of people in our local community.
SocialBox provides essential grocery boxes, homemade ready meals and more, with free home delivery. We work with local farmers and suppliers to provide the freshest produce.
For every box ordered we donate 5% to our fund for free groceries for NHS workers – so they can have one less thing to worry about when they finish a long shift.
Have a question? Call us on 01273 359048
Who are we?
SocialBox began as a collaboration of well-intentioned local people who wanted to make a positive change to our community during the uncertainty of COVID-19.
We’ve grown: our volunteer-led team now brings the expertise and passion of people from all walks of life, with one focus: to support and provide for our community in challenging times by bringing you what we know and love best: beautiful fresh food.
These people have given their time for free to get our enterprise up and running, and to keep it going:
Why we give our time:
- To support, rebuild and refresh our Sussex community
- To have and share a sense of social purpose during and after COVID-19
- To provide essential groceries to the vulnerable, shielded and isolated
- To help and provide for NHS and healthcare workers
- To support struggling local independent suppliers, growers and farmers with a fair price for their produce
- To provide experience and training for people out of work, and in the hardest-hit groups, as a result of COVID-19
- To showcase and promote the work and talent of local businesses whose trade has been damaged by COVID-19